Monday 6 April 2009

Crap Teachers

Certain lessons at the moment are such a nightmare. My teacher knows all the stuff she needs to teach us really well, is a very knowledgeable person in general and is also very nice as a person. However, she has possibly the worst teaching style I have ever seen. Everything she does is straight out of the teaching textbook, ensuring that every single person in the class knows the techniques and exactly the ways to make them backfire. Most of every lesson is spent making the class stand up and sit down again whilst consistently firing at us every teaching cliché in the book.

That is perhaps the worst part, the clichés. Normally, statements like "it's your own time you're wasting" and "it's your GCSE" are the preserve of the rookie teacher, straight out of teacher training college, who has no past experiences of their own to draw on and has to rely on everything they have been taught, much like us as pupils. But this teacher must have been teaching for around twenty years and she still dwells on these stupid age old techniques that have never got her anywhere before and never will in the future.

In previous years, I would have laughed at teachers this bad, but in the year that I will be taking my final GCSE exams, the building blocks for the rest of my life, I really cannot afford to put up with this kind of sub-standard garbage. I like to think I'm intelligent enough to get a decent grade anyway, but that doesn't stop me being pissed off at how useless the teaching is at the moment.

Hopefully something more happy dappy tomorrow.

Tom.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Tom I feel your pain, teachers as a rule at my school are darstardly incompetent

    ReplyDelete