Friday 17 April 2009

ARE YOU READY FOR A WAR?

Let me tell you all about the war that is currently raging in the Beasley household. This war is built upon the mutual loathing between myself and the ridiculously huge number of moths currently roaming around my house. I hate them because they are stupid bloody creatures that have absolutely no purpose and aren't fit to breathe any of my air. They hate me because I kill them on sight. xP

If I go downstairs in the evenings to make a cup of tea, I am instantly met by at least five of these bastards clinging to the wall of the kitchen. My first thought on seeing this is that it is okay because they are out of the way of what I'm doing. Of course though, as soon as I begin making my tea, these moths take off from the wall and commence flying around me. Part of me wants to commend them for the courage of being able to fly full pelt towards someone who is many many times bigger than them.

The next problem is the actual murder of these pointless things. Most of them fail to die after the first hit and require being actually crushed against a wall using the first blunt object you can find. Once they are dead, you are then faced with the dusty mess they leave on the wall and the blunt object you used to bludgeon the life out of then. As a result, both the kitchen and my room are splattered with the remains of moths. FML.

Having been living alongside and warring with these moths for a few weeks now, I have split them into two groups. There are the ones that stay in their resting place for ages and decided that remaining stationary is the best way to stay alive (which it is), but there are also the ones that fly around and just generally act like twats and think that is the best way to survive (which it isn't).

So, that was my slightly random and weird blog post. Hope you laughed at least a bit.

Tom.

(Kudos to anyone who can name the film that the post title is a quote from.)

1 comment: